Monday 16 July 2012

I blame the rain.

Well we all are aren't we?

The lack of informative blog updates.
The general malaise.
The slugs eating half my salad veg (and the rest the next day)
The depressing light that makes me feel like its still March.
The way none of us is up for a jaunt further than the local library or a mates house.

Or maybe it's not. Perhaps I jinxed myself so badly with my last post that not only have I been unable to write, I've been unable to motivate those around me into action either. Blogging totally gone!

As a record for home educating it's not so full of the day to days. However, I know this is okay! Truly it is.

Because I've got a secret. I go to other places. I post photos on instagram and follow interesting people on twitter. Our life spilling further into the crazy Internet world where it can mingle with others doing the same. Where, I can sneak a peak at other peoples lives, different and yet alike. Struggling, thinking, laughing and sharing all the different things I'm/we're interested in. You can find us all around, those enjoying this "alternative" lifestyle. Not just blogging away the minutiae of our days in the hope our records are enough to keep us from the grip of the local LA. But posting how damn lovely or bloody awful our day has been. Or look at this picture of sun, rain, dog, little Johnny (insert anything) isnt it/he/she great.

I'm a bad blog reader, twitter follower and instagram watcher really. Not commenting often enough when something touches me. Not always responding with a few immediate words. Not liking every photo that's made me smile with a knowing nod or laugh out loud. But I'm there. I'm here too, just not as often as i have been. And maybe there's someone like me out there too, dipping in and out quietly and occasionally sharing a snippet of their day, their life. Perhaps this space helps them like others help me.

And of course I really know we've not been sitting on our bums doing nothing at all. I've got the photos to prove it if I want. But today it's good to just write*, to let myself off the hook.

This is my education too!


*obviously the next post will be a mammoth photo montage of all the most excellent educational stuff, you know, just in case.





- Posted using BlogPress and supreme effort to get my brain in gear

1 comment: