Tuesday 15 March 2011

Manic list making...........

I keep writing lists and calendar entries and then deleting them all again.

Chatting with all the kids about what to do now, what to do next.

Thinking about all the things that need to be, should be, must be done.

And then doing nothing.

At all.

My brain is frazzled and my body is rebelling by not getting better.

And the kids are rebelling by playing nicely so I don't notice them and make them do something that I cant follow through.

And did I mention my brain???

Anyway plans are being made and will be put fully into action. When we can finish them and do the job properly. Work will be planned too. But for now I take every little bit of something done as a positive or a box ticked, like I have a massive face sat watching from behind making sure......

 :: WE ARE EDUCATING ::

Discussions about the news, research made about when the next installment in a favourite book series, music practice and even reading from a cereal box, yep, educational!

These are the times I wish they liked a nice work book, just a page or two maybe. Tick a box, add a sticker or maybe a nice gold star. Who said it was a good idea to raise articulate, argumentative and inquistive kids? Ones that turn their noses up at a bit of CGP or Letts. Who want to see the world from their own perspective and learn in at least four different ways.
Oh yes, me.
Us.

Well not today and not this week. Not last week either and probably not next.
Instead I am snotty and sore, they are bouncing and reading a newspaper (mostly to find the best face to add a pirate look to) and planning world domination of the music charts.

Will that do? Fingers crossed.

On the upside today is our anniversary and we are going out, together, in the evening!
I am a very lucky lady!


Still sets my heart aflutter!

1 comment:

  1. who is he???? what's that handsome man doing in my house??

    ReplyDelete