Wednesday 6 July 2011

Piles

We are a messy, chaotic, disorganised bunch.
We pile, dump and accumulate everything.
Washing, books, paper, clothes, cards.
You name it, we've probably got a pile of it somewhere.

Some things we actually want that way, purposefully piled. I mean the ironing for instance, you do the washing, sort it and some of it definitely needs an iron. So you make a pile. Sure you're meant to do the pile once in a while. But its a necessary pile nonetheless.

Others, hmm, not so necessary!

If you stop by you probably wont see too much of the mess, we're very good at hiding the mess. Or piling it porposefully!!! (But not the ironing one- definitely hidden).

And we do try. But I think the problem is the books are breeding and people seem to think my bedside table is as good a place as any to move stuff to before deciding where it should actually live!

Yep, got to do something about this.
To be fair I probably did most of this to myself. Trying to move bits and pieces from the stairs or kitchen table. But the camping lantern, no idea. Old phone - not me. 


Kitchen table pile.
At the end of the table lies a pile. An ever changing mixture of post, library books, pens, paper and cables.

Piano pile.

It's mostly music, completely relevant. And hey you're starting to build a picture of who we are!

Lounge side table pile
Interesting books, varied. We like to read.


Bookshelf 
Not sure it needs an explanation, but it definitely needs a double. Piled high and deep I worry for its stability.

DVD Pile
Yes we have shelves for them, yes they're right by the T.V, but no we don't seem to use them. Ecletic mix though, right?

Fabric pile.
I don't have shelves or a custom built girl shed for all my stuff. It's organised, vaguely.

But see here now, this is where it gets good. We have been trying very hard to keep our playroom sorted. Yes there are piles, but we know what they contain. We try and put stuff back and also keep things to hand. It's looking like this at the moment and it makes me smile.

Table
The table has its pots of pens, pencils and chalks. It's been covered with printouts from our newest Anorak magazine. We have been colouring a chatting away together, reading the stories and poems and planning our own.

Bookshelf
Looks mess and stuffed, but is organised by shelf. We have science books and art, history geography and languages.

More books!
Yep, more books, there are games too and resources. I can live with the piles when I look at what's in them, books and drawings and our life. But, I really must go sort my bedside table!






No comments:

Post a Comment