Thursday 4 August 2011

Quick turnaround!

Get home, unload, sort, wash and pack again.
This is our week as we now have only 2 sleeps left until I wake everyone up at stupid o'clock to drive to very nearly the very top of Britain for our weeks stay in Scotland.

Excited already, I am on countdown. The board is once again full of the things that need to be done, shopping to be bought. meals planned, so that we eat well in these few days we're home.

Along the way we are also trying to fit in the bits and pieces of normal life. And so I am thinking what is normal life for us? I have been asked a couple of times recently about holidays and what have the children been doing. "We don't do school and so we don't really do holidays", was my sort of answer when trying to reassure someone . I don't think it helped. We don't sit at tables at set times, though we do often sit at the table. We don't follow a set path for each child or age. I don't compare anymore to either other children or the prescribed curriculum. We are just doing "it" whatever that is. That's not to say that we don't worry or encourage or suggest. We go places that they want and that we want (even if they think they'll hate it they normally don't!).  I think it is still, and may always be, hard for people to completely understand just how and why we do what we do. But I hope that this blog goes a little way to showing something of what life is like for us.

So this week, along with having had some amazing experiences at Camp Bestival, we have all set up and started a summer Journal. Following along with some friends, each day we are sent an email outlining todays entry. Today we have to create a page based on our favourite colour and yesterday was a page about our top five things to do in summer.

We've visited the library and got some new books to take with us. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) we may have to go again as Ollie has read both his books. This makes me smile very hard but also makes me think I should have hidden them or got several more! And we have been looking at the maps of our Journey, looking at our route and thinking about what we'd like to do.

working out a spreadsheet

Pleased with himself (I'm pleased too!!)

Working on the "I Am" page

Mummys "I Am" (love the Moleskine)

Sometimes a book's too good and manners go out the window

Festival food is fab, but the green was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment