Friday 6 January 2012

No {this moment} but, "at this moment"

I sometimes join in with {this moment} via soulemama.com. It's great, have a look. A simple reflective look at your life or someone else's that week, a little snippet of happiness or chaos, one photo- no words.


Instead you have my post, an "at this moment".

"at this moment" there is shouting and stamping and throwing. Unkind and cross words. There is resentment and dissatisfaction and retaliation.

Some days are like these. It's not all roses. I like to paint a pretty picture. All positive progress, a record that casts a glowing light on our life and choices. But today is not a candid, softly lit shot of kids learning, playing or resting happily. And sometimes it's good and honest to report that too.

It's has not and will not be WW3 all day long but my mediation skills are being thoroughly tested. At one point I tried and failed to resolve conflict, retreated when both parties had been safely separated and listened to the war raging through the plaster board and ceiling.

One party is prepared to surrender and has made positive efforts towards a peaceful resolution the other is maintaining their "I wish you were dead" stance. A third party was obviously feeling left out of the fight as when the peace seeking party encroached on their turf they were chewed out for no apparent or reasonable reason I can see.

Perhaps they're hungry, I shall try a council of war over some leftover macaroni cheese. Terms have been mentioned. Making jelly features highly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment