Tuesday 18 January 2011

The planning headache continued.............

Okay, so we can't fit our life into tons of tiny, tidy boxes. But in lieu of a full time housekeeper and gardener we have to try and have some order in our home. If only to make sure we have clean socks now and again!

After my massive headache and minor breakdown trying to work it all out the other week I have been variously musing ideas in my head. Today I have battled those ideas down into some sort of "planner" and here I have to stop myself shudder. We are a large-ish family, we all do lots of stuff, make LOTS of mess and go to various clubs, lesson and activities during the week, it has to all get DONE! So the mini planner is born. One for meals, recipe and lists  - very sensible when budgeting and catering to a large audience of differing tastes (often by the hour I might add). Another to help us plan the week, remember who goes where and when and also what just HAS to be done each day.

I am hoping to get over my phobia of the planner and remember this is not just for me. I actually have a little calendar on  my phone etc. I know what we are doing as a general rule!! But the children don't and hopefully this will not put them off, as the idea did for me at first, but encourage them to plan their time and help us do the things we need to do every day.

I realised I could plan for some bits without feeling like I was compartmentalising  our life and restricting the freedom we so enjoy by home-educating. Hopefully it will act as a reminder that all sorts of things get done every day and that we really do need to leave to get to guitar when I say so!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment