Friday 14 October 2011

Learning to trust and let go.

We did a small thing, it felt like a huge thing, turns out it was a good thing.

Learning our way has come to involve a lot of trust. Trusting that our children will learn naturally. Trusting that as parents we will know when to guide, encourage a little harder or when to stand back.

Yesterday David and I made a compromise based on trust. I left him alone at home longer than I have ever before and trusted that not only would he be safe, could look after himself but that he would also be productive and mindful of how he chose to use his time. He in turn could trust that, should he need me, I was only 20 minutes away and would be there whatever the need may be.

It worked! I let go and he made me very pleased I had.


- Posted using BlogPress, when I had five minutes spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment